We are planning an exciting and productive AAUW-Wisconsin Legislative Day at the State Capitol in Madison on Thursday, October 15. This event will start at the Crowne Plaza Hotel, 4402 East Washington Ave., with registration at 8:30 am and then feature speakers on issues and advocacy training and lunch in the morning before heading to the State Capitol to meet with our legislators from 1 pm to 3 pm.
For more information, please see the flyer and registration form. Register by Oct. 10.
The cost is $20.00 for AAUW members and $25.00 for advocacy partners.
Plan to join us and share info on this special event with your branch members and local advocacy partners.
We are still laboring to make Wisconsin a better place for all women and girls.
For a more detailed look at recent Public Policy news, please see this Public Policy report, an expanded version of the report included in your Badger Briefs.
Legislative Day is Thursday, October 15. Details will be shared shortly.
Sailing on Half Moon Lake, Eau Claire, WI
Learn about recent Supreme Court decisions, new member recruitment ideas, and more in the Summer 2015 issue of Badger Briefs!
Badger Briefs has a special post-convention issue available here.
With so much good information exchanged at this year’s State Convention in Elkhart Lake, we want to make sure to make it available. Watch this space for materials from speakers as they become available.
STEMS & GEMS (pptx)
Impact of AAUW on Wisconsin (pdf)
Board Best Practices (pptx)
Beyond Compliance: Title IX at UW-Madison (pptx)
Smart Media session:
Sample Email Style Guide (pdf)
Sample Blog Style Guide (pdf)
You can download the Convention Registration form as a Microsoft Word Doc or as a PDF.
The Spring 2015 issue of Badger Briefs is hot off the press. In it, you can find convention details, as well as updates from finance, college/university partnerships, public policy and more.
- Registrations postmarked by Friday, March 13th will be entered in a drawing for a free, future one night stay at The Osthoff Resort. We encourage you to register early!
- Registration deadline is postmarked April 6, the same date that lodging reservations are closed.
- Registrations postmarked after April 6 will incur a $15 late fee.
- No refunds will be given for registrations/meals. Every attempt will be made to transfer those fees, if possible.
- Your membership number can be found on your Badger Briefs and/or Outlook mailing labe
- The Friday afternoon Branch Best Practices Workshop is for Presidents, Presidents-elect, or other executive officers. Presenter is Association Board Member, Rebecca Norlander.
- Guests are welcome at either keynote meal, with adequate advance reservations. Any member wishing to attend Convention events (business meetings, workshops, etc.) must be registered.
- No breakfast option is listed on the registration form. Enjoy breakfast in your lodging unit or the resort’s restaurants: Otto’s (full breakfast menu) or the Elk Room (continental breakfast.)
There are two ways to make your lodging reservations at The Osthoff Resort:
- Call 800-876-3399 and press prompt #1, state that you are with AAUW and agents will handle your reservation.
- Visit the website at www.osthoff.com. On the left hand side of the screen click the link that says For Individual Group Reservations. Use GWOMEN for Group ID and then AAUW for the password. This will direct you through the online reservations process.
- Check out The Osthoff Resort website to view the available room configurations and determine the number of people each unit can accommodate:
- Run of House Guest Rooms/One Bedroom Suites @ $119.00 per night (plus tax & fees)
- Two Bedroom Suites @ $149.00 per night (plus tax & fees)
- Three Bedroom Deluxe Suites @ $189.00 per night (plus tax and fees)
Questions? Contact Kathy Ignatowski 920-457-5741 or email@example.com
After applying for and winning a $6,000 2015 Tech Savvy (WI) grant, the AAUW-Appleton and Oshkosh Branches will be one of 8 new conference sites, of 16 total, and the 1st for Wisconsin.
Tech Savvy (WI) will offer a one-day STEM conference to be held at the UW-Oshkosh, Halsey Science Center, on Saturday, April 18, 2015, and open to girls in grades 6th-9th and their parents/guardians.
Organizers are seeking donations in order to make attendance to this great opportunity accessible for all. Please see the linked letter for more on donating. Follow this link to learn more about Tech Savvy
Wisconsin Chief Justice Shirley Abrahamson and WTMJ4-Milwaukee sportscaster Jessie Garcia are scheduled to speak at the AAUW-WI convention in Elkhart Lake at the Osthoff Resort on April 24-25. Abrahamson will be the keynote speaker on Saturday while Garcia will keynote on Friday evening.
AAUW Wisconsin Convention 2015 @ the Osthoff Resort
The theme of the convention is Entitled to Succeed (Title IX). While convention plans are still being finalized, the initial agenda calls for a reception and District meetings Friday evening and a Title IX panel, business meeting and workshops ($tart $mart Next Steps, Public Policy, Media/ Internet) on Saturday. There will be more details and registration information in the next Badger Briefs.