The Spring 2015 issue of Badger Briefs is hot off the press. In it, you can find convention details, as well as updates from finance, college/university partnerships, public policy and more.
- Registrations postmarked by Friday, March 13th will be entered in a drawing for a free, future one night stay at The Osthoff Resort. We encourage you to register early!
- Registration deadline is postmarked April 6, the same date that lodging reservations are closed.
- Registrations postmarked after April 6 will incur a $15 late fee.
- No refunds will be given for registrations/meals. Every attempt will be made to transfer those fees, if possible.
- Your membership number can be found on your Badger Briefs and/or Outlook mailing labe
- The Friday afternoon Branch Best Practices Workshop is for Presidents, Presidents-elect, or other executive officers. Presenter is Association Board Member, Rebecca Norlander.
- Guests are welcome at either keynote meal, with adequate advance reservations. Any member wishing to attend Convention events (business meetings, workshops, etc.) must be registered.
- No breakfast option is listed on the registration form. Enjoy breakfast in your lodging unit or the resort’s restaurants: Otto’s (full breakfast menu) or the Elk Room (continental breakfast.)
There are two ways to make your lodging reservations at The Osthoff Resort:
- Call 800-876-3399 and press prompt #1, state that you are with AAUW and agents will handle your reservation.
- Visit the website at www.osthoff.com. On the left hand side of the screen click the link that says For Individual Group Reservations. Use GWOMEN for Group ID and then AAUW for the password. This will direct you through the online reservations process.
- Check out The Osthoff Resort website to view the available room configurations and determine the number of people each unit can accommodate:
- Run of House Guest Rooms/One Bedroom Suites @ $119.00 per night (plus tax & fees)
- Two Bedroom Suites @ $149.00 per night (plus tax & fees)
- Three Bedroom Deluxe Suites @ $189.00 per night (plus tax and fees)
Questions? Contact Kathy Ignatowski 920-457-5741 or email@example.com
Tech Savvy (WI) will offer a one-day STEM conference to be held at the UW-Oshkosh, Halsey Science Center, on Saturday, April 18, 2015, and open to girls in grades 6th-9th and their parents/guardians.
Organizers are seeking donations in order to make attendance to this great opportunity accessible for all. Please see the linked letter for more on donating. Follow this link to learn more about Tech Savvy
Wisconsin Chief Justice Shirley Abrahamson and WTMJ4-Milwaukee sportscaster Jessie Garcia are scheduled to speak at the AAUW-WI convention in Elkhart Lake at the Osthoff Resort on April 24-25. Abrahamson will be the keynote speaker on Saturday while Garcia will keynote on Friday evening.
The theme of the convention is Entitled to Succeed (Title IX). While convention plans are still being finalized, the initial agenda calls for a reception and District meetings Friday evening and a Title IX panel, business meeting and workshops ($tart $mart Next Steps, Public Policy, Media/ Internet) on Saturday. There will be more details and registration information in the next Badger Briefs.
The Osthoff is ready to take your room reservations for our State Convention (April 24—25, 2015). Please note these are not traditional hotel rooms, but condos with several different configurations: Run of House Guest Rooms/One Bedroom Suites @ $119.00 per night, Two Bedroom Suites @ $149.00 per night and Three Bedroom Deluxe Suites @ $189.00 per night. You can make reservations in two different ways: Call 800-876-3399 and press prompt #1, state that you are with AAUW and agents will book reservations for our group. To book online, please visit the website at www.osthoff.com. On the left hand side of the screen there is a link that says For Individual Group Reservations, click there. Use GWOMEN for Group ID and then AAUW for the password.
Learn about our upcoming convention, meet our new Public Policy Chair, get the details on NCWSSL Scholarships, and more ….
The Fall Issue of Badger Briefs is now available online!
Learn about GOTV this fall, NCCWSL scholarships, and more. And save the date for the 2015 convention!
But to exercise our political power, women must first register to vote and then actually go to the polls and vote for candidates that would best represent their economic and social interests.
We have an opportunity with the upcoming November 4 election to reach out this fall to young and not-so-young women who might be persuaded to register to vote and become new voters in your districts.
Below are some resources to help branches Get Out the Vote
Hotel discount deadline, April 2: Holiday Inn South; $99.95/standard, 2 queens, call 715-830-9889
AAUW-WI Convention 2014 – Schedule and Form