AAUW is an association of 100,000 members working for change—promoting gender-fair classroom practices, lobbying local and national legislators on AAUW priority issues, mentoring girls and women, and raising money to fund ground-breaking research, community action projects, and women scholars. We welcome members who hold a bachelor’s or higher degree, or an associate or equivalent degree from an accredited college or university. If you are an undergraduate in a two-or-four-year regionally accredited educational institution, you are welcome to join AAUW as a student affiliate.
General Meetings: Fourth Tuesday of the month beginning at 7:00 p.m.
Location: Monona Community Center, 1101 Nichols Road, Monona, Wisconsin
Monona/Madison AAUW Branch Activities:
Donate funds to support the national Education Foundation programs
- Donate local scholarships to Monona Grove and LaFollette High School students
- Donate scholarships to Madison College students
- Conduct used book sales with profits going to scholarships for women and girls
- Plan fundraising trips to cultural events
- Participate in book discussions—morning, afternoon and evening groups—and participate in a film group and a bridge group
- La Cuisine group plans and prepares gourmet dinners for its members.
- Learn about and support women’s groups and legislation affecting women and children
- Support political forums
- Support the “Odyssey Project”
- Four scholarships are awarded yearly to UW Madison students through the UW Foundation. They are for a returning student, a single parent, history scholarship, and communication arts.
- We fund a National AAUW grant for Career Development and/or Community Action.
For more information, please call:
Co-Presidents: Stephanie Sorensen, 819-6646 or Sally Keyel, 837-4947
For membership information, please call Liz Kretschmar, 249-6384