On Thursday, May 13, 2021 from 6:30-7:30 PM, the Public Policy Committee will present our webinar, Fair Maps: We All Count. Every citizen should be able to exercise their right to vote for candidates that represent their communities of interest. Webinar panelists will talk about their organization’s work on the Fair Maps initiative. The Public Policy committee will highlight the Fair Maps Tool Kit they created for members. Committee members are available virtually for branch programs. Register in advance at: http://bit.ly/AAUW-WI-FairMapsWebinar.
Fair Maps Resources:
With so much communication from AAUW national, state and local branches now coming via email and mail, it’s more important than ever to make sure that your contact information is correct in the Membership Services Database. Take a few minutes to login and verify that your information is up-to-date.
Since our Annual State Convention will be hosted virtually, this year, AAUW Wisconsin members will be voting for our 2021-22 officers online. The online ballot link was sent out to branch presidents on April 11 and closes on Friday, April 23, 2021 at noon.
If you or your branch have not yet received the link to vote for next year’s state officers, please reach out to Joan Schneider, President of AAUW WI, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This past Equal Pay Day, AAUW Oshkosh co-sponsored “Equal Pay Day: Impact of COVID 19 on Pay Gaps,” a virtual event with the Women’s Center at UW-Oshkosh. At the event, Dr. Alicia Johnson, UW Oshkosh Women’s Center Director and AAUW Oshkosh President, presented the most up-to-date information on the gender pay gaps from AAUW and discussed how COVID-19 is impacting the progress toward closing them. You can watch a video of the event here and view Wisconsin Public Radio news coverage of it here.
Comment, below, to share how your branch engaged in the community for Equal Pay Day!
The convention booklet for the 2021 AAUW Wisconsin State Convention is now available for members to download here: https://aauw-wi.aauw.net/files/2021/03/CONVENTION-BOOKLET-2021.pdf
The booklet includes:
- Information on how to attend this year’s first ever virtual convention
- Full convention agenda
- Breakout session descriptions
- Zoom business meeting rules
- Officer reports
- Officer nominations
- Much more!
We hope that you will be able to join us and our exciting keynote speakers, including , Kathy Evers, First Lady of Wisconsin; Julia Brown, AAUW National Board Chair; and Shelia Stubbs, Wisconsin State Legislator, as we “reflect on the past, and prepare for the future!”
Online registration for AAUW Wisconsin’s 2021 Annual State Convention will open on March 1 at https://aauwwistateconvention.com/. This year’s convention will be virtual, with all sessions held via Zoom.
Think of all the reasons why you haven’t been able to go to past AAUW conventions. The 2021 Convention Committee has solved many these problems for you!
- Registration Fees – NONE, it’s free!!!!
- Transportation Costs – NONE, no car or gas needed.
- Distance to Convention – NONE, just take your computer to your favorite room in your home.
- Dining Costs – NONE, just get a sandwich and favorite beverage from your fridge.
2020 has been a year of new learning experiences for all of us with many of our branches mastering how to Zoom to connect with each other in our general meetings, book clubs, projects, and holiday events. So why not with our State Convention?
A big THANK YOU to Ann Brice (La Crosse Branch) who set up the web page and will be managing the technology for the convention.
The Winter 2021 edition of Badger Briefs is now available with updates on the virtual state convention, which will be held April 23-24. We hope that you’ll be able to join us!
Mark your calendars, now! AAUW-WI will be hosting its Annual State Convention online on Friday, April 23 and Saturday, April 24, 2021. We anticipate NO REGISTRATION FEE for this virtual convention.
Friday, April 23, 7:00 pm – 9:30 pm
- Welcome & Video from AAUW National
- Keynote Speaker: A Conversation between Early Suffragettes
- Virtual Hospitality Rooms (small group chat rooms to connect with old and new friends)
Saturday, April 24, 9:30 am – 3:00 pm
- Business Meeting and Installation of Officers
- Featured Speaker: State Legislator, Sheila Stubbs
- Breakout (small group) sessions
- Featured Speaker: Celebrating the 19th Amendment: Women who Dared
We need your input!
Click this link to complete an online 2-question survey that asks you to indicate your preferences for breakout session topics.
Questions? Contact Donna at: email@example.com
Thanks so much!
Kleo Baruth Kritz
AAUW Convention Chairs
Thank you to everyone who was able to join us for Public Policy Day 2020! If you weren’t able to attend, this year, here are the video recordings and speaker materials:
Night 1 (August 25, 2020)
- The Maps Mess in Wisconsin, Carlene Bechen, Fair Maps WI (PowerPoint | Video)
- The State of Public Education in Wisconsin, Denise Gaumer Hutchison, Wisconsin Public Education Network (PowerPoint | Video)
Night 2 (August 27, 2020)
- How to Become an Informed Voter and Educate Others, Matt Rothschild, Wisconsin Democracy Campaign (Video)
- GOTV During a Pandemic, Debra Cronmiller, League of Women Voters of WI (Video)
- Election In a Pandemic, Stephanie Malaney, AAUW-WI (PowerPoint | Video, 31 min. mark)